Nancy graduated from the University of Michigan Law School and from the University of Chicago, where she majored in English. She also earned an Advanced Professional Certificate in Taxation, with a concentration in Estate Planning, from the New York University School of Law.
Nancy practices exclusively in the area of estate planning and administration, including drafting wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and advance medical directives; advising executors, trustees, and agents under powers of attorney; and guiding executors and successor trustees through the process after a loved one’s death.
In all areas of her work, Nancy listens closely to her clients’ wishes and concerns and strives to fulfill their objectives by finding the most effective path through the complex network of federal, state, and local laws and rules.
Her recent pro bono activities include providing wills, powers of attorney, and advance medical directives to health care workers on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic, through the program “Wills for Healthcare Heroes.” She also offers pro bono estate planning services to low-income, elderly community members via “Wills on Wheels” of the Northern Virginia Pro Bono Law Center, and represents families of fallen service members via the Justice for Military Families project, in conjunction with the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors.
Nancy was born and raised in the Chicago area and lived in several places across the US and in Korea before settling in Northern Virginia. She plays a decent game of Scrabble, routinely loses to children in chess, and loves to travel, read, and study new languages.
• University of Michigan Law School, JD, 1998
• University of Chicago, AB in English Language and Literature, 1991
• New York University School of Law, Certificate in Estate Planning, 2020
• Michigan, 1998
• Virginia, 2016
• District of Columbia, 2017
• Supreme Court of the United States, 2017
Pro Bono Activities
• Wills for Healthcare Heroes
• Northern Virginia Pro Bono Law Center, Wills on Wheels
• Justice for Military Families, Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors
• Virginia State Bar (Trusts and Estates Law Section)
• DC Bar (Estates, Trusts & Probate Law Community)
• State Bar of Michigan
• American Bar Association (Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Division)
• Fairfax Bar Association (Wills, Trusts & Estates Law Section)
• Northern Virginia Estate Planning Council
• Military Spouse JD Network
VICKI E. FISHMAN
Vicki E. Fishman practiced law in the Washington, DC area for more than 20 years. After many years of active involvement in various non-profit and community organizations, she left the practice of law – and FishmanKlain – in April 2020, to make a new vocation of her long-term avocation. She is now the Director of Government and Community Relations for the Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Washington, and continues to serve on other non-profit boards in the DC area.
Vicki earned her JD from the University of Michigan Law School and her BA in Religion from Swarthmore College.
• University of Michigan Law School, JD, 1997
• Swarthmore College, BA in Religion, 1993
• District of Columbia